THE FOLLOWING RIDER INFORMATION IS IMPORTANT
Remember this is not a race any timings that we published after the event are just for your own information & the main thing is that everyone has a fun, safe ride whist raising money for charities.
The responsibility is on you the rider to be physically capable of completing the distance of the ride you have chosen. If you are not confident you can change in advance or let us know on the day.
DOWNLOAD & PRINT THE FOLLOWING*
- Course notes/guides are available for all the routes; please make sure that you have fully read the relevant router you. (print out a copy to have with you on the day.)
- Downloadable GPX route files for all three distances.
- Printable course maps, good to have with you on the day as a back up to following the signs or using the Downloadable GPX routes.
We do check the routes again the day before the event
They will NOT be available on the day. You are responsible for bringing your own.
We are marking the routes the day before the event with hundreds of direction signs going up for you,
Please note that whilst these signs are to aid you we have had instances of them being removed so please have your route with you too.or any reason we have to amend the routes we will email riders that evening.
Riders under the age of 18 must have a completed parental consent form with them at sign on (see notes at the bottom of this page)
To speed up your morning on the event day. You can sign on and get allocated your rider number with it’s chip timing in advance from Ride Cycle Shop, 6 Holbrook Ln, Coventry CV6 4AB any day they are open from 11am this Saturday (16/09/23) until Midday on the Saturday before the event (23/09/23).
WE WILL CONFIRM WHEN THEY ARE AVAILABLE
Ride are open:
Monday – Closed
Tuesday – 10am to 5pm
Wednesday – 10am to 5pm
Thursday – 10am to 5pm
Friday – 10am to 5pm
Saturday – 11am to 5pm on 16th and 9am to 1pm on 23rd
Sunday – Closed
(Please bring the parental consent form if signing for an u18)
Thank you to Daz, Paul and the rest of the team at Ride who have supported our event and cyclists in Coventry over many years. As many of you will know they will be closing the shop for good on the 23rd September. They still have stock left and have the discounts available, please try to collect your number from Ride as this helps everyone on the day.
Signing on the day will commence at
8:30am for the Epic route
8:45am for the Long route
9:00am for the Short route
Riders will be set off in small groups from approx 30 minutes after each of these times for each route. (e.g Epic 9am)
We have managed to secure parking at a neighbouring business park, this will be sign posted & marshalled on the day.
The address to get to this car park is Elliot Court, Coventry Business Park, Herald Avenue, Coventry CV5 6UB
PLEASE NOTE: If you are able to cycle to the event or lift share we would encourage it to keep the cars to a minimum as we have limited availability.
- Enough food & water to keep you going for your route; There is a food & water stop on both the long & epic routes. This is at Temple Grafton village hall & will be open from 10:30am until 1:00pm. Thank you to JLN Plumbing for staffing this for us. Really Awesome Coffee will be there for you to buy a hot drink too this year. When using the feed stop please stay off the road & put all rubbish in the bins (including banana skins), it is important for us to be welcome within the village in future years.
- Waterproof light-weight jacket in case the weather changes.
- Due to the time of year the weather can be cold & wet please dress for the conditions.
- 2 x inner tubes, tyre levers & a mini pump.
- Mobile phone; pre-programmed with the following numbers:
- MECHANICAL RESCUE 07585339956 ,
- HQ number 07585339956
- We have a couple of Deeley’s vans around the course & should you have a mechanical that prevents you being able to continue and as a last resort they will recover you, this is not a repair service & you are expected to be self sufficient in the event of a mechanical incident. THIS IS NOT A RECOVERY FOR JUST A LACK OF FITNESS AND YOU MUST RIDE A DISTANCE THAT SUITS YOUR ABILITY, YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE TO WAIT SO IF YOU CAN GET RECOVERED BY OTHER MEANS THIS MIGHT BE QUICKER.
- Basic tool kit including chain tool.
- The road conditions can be slippy with mud, run off from rainfall & potential fallen branches etc, make sure you ride to the conditions.
- If you use a cycle computer then don’t forget it and upload the route!!!
We will be running a prize draw on the day again & have some amazing prizes
One off Lizzie Deignan painting
2 Pairs of Schwalbe Tyres
Muc-Off Cleaning/Lube Sets
Coventry Rugby Family 4 Tickets
Pair Coventry City Tickets
Starley Sportive T Shirt
Starley Sportive Buff x 2
Plus even more
Entry will be £5
STARLEY SPORTIVE KIT
Those that have order Jerseys these are expected to be delivered to us and then you next week.
You can purchase some exclusive Starley Sportive caps, buffs, T-shirts, pin badges & a few Jerseys on the day.
Remember to bring a card and cash as all profit from the event is going Zoe’s Place, Warwickshire & Solihull Blood Bikes and UHCW Charity & you wouldn’t want to miss out.
FEATURES AT THE HQ
- Entertainment ? You will be treated to some brilliant music on your return with some talented Coventry singers giving their time to entertain you including Rich Keogh
- Art ? We are delighted to be teaming up with local artists Matt Casey who is doing a one off Lizzie Deignan painting that will be available to win in the prize draw.
- Refreshments ? We are sure that you will have earn’t your cake and we will have plenty of it. All riders will get complimentary Tea, Coffee and Cake when they return to the HQ.
Covid-19 Safety Measures
Whilst the days of lockdowns and strict measures are thankfully behind us, we have continued to put a number of measures in place at the event to try to reduce risk and anxiety.
We also ask you consider the the following points.
- If you do test positive prior to the Starley Sportive, we would ask you not to attend the event. More details of what to do if you test positive can be found on the NHS website.
- Although wearing a face covering is not a condition of entry to the event. If you choose to wear a face covering elsewhere on the event, then that’s fine too.
We hope you all enjoy the day
*All under 18s must have signed parental consent for the event they are attending. All riders 12 or under MUST have a parent or guardian accompanying them, as well as signed parental consent.
**Parents or guardians of young people under 18 must also understand the demands of the cycling activity and that they alone can make the decision about the ability of their child to complete it; that the child may cycle with other adults and/or with other children, but that there is also a possibility of the child cycling on its own (for example with treasure hunt events); that while Cycling UK extends a welcome to cyclists of all ages and abilities, no special provision for children is made; arrangements to get to and from the event are the sole responsibility of the parent or guardian; DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checks may not have been done on event organisers or ride leaders. Cycling UK, its members, agents and other participants may take photographs during the course of an event, mostly for private use but some may be for local or national publicity purposes. It may be difficult to ensure that photographs in which your child appears will not be used in any way.