Coventry Road Club’s 7th Charity Sportive
The Starley Sportive 2019
~ Sunday 17th February ~
FIRSTLY REMEMBER THIS IS NOT A RACE – JUST ENJOY YOURSELVES!
Please use the link below to download and print the following
- Course notes/guides for all the routes; please make sure that you have fully read the relevant route that you have registered for. We would also recommend that you print out a copy to have with you on the day.
- Downloadable GPX route files for all three distances.
- Printable course maps, good to have with you on the day as a back up to following the signs or using the Downloadable GPX routes.
They will NOT be available on the day. You are responsible for bringing your own.
We are signing the routes on Saturday with over 200 signs going up for you, if for any reason we have to amend any of the routes we will email you Saturday evening.
Also remember riders U18 must have a completed parental consent form with them at sign on
You will be able to sign in and collect your chip timing numbers from now until 5pm on Saturday 16th February from Ride cycle shop if you wish. (Only riders who registered before 08/02/19) This will speed up your morning on the event day. Ride have also offered 15% discount to riders on everything other than bikes and Frames up to the event.
(You can only sign on yourself, unless signing for an u18)
Signing on the day will commence at 8.30am for the Epic route, 9.00am for the Long route and then 9:30am for the Short, with riders being set off gradually from 30 minutes after these times for each ride.
The HQ address on the day is Deeley Group, George House, Herald Avenue, Coventry, CV5 6UB
We have managed to secure parking at a neighbouring business park, this will be sign posted on the day. Please use the address details below to get to this car park.
Elliot Court, Coventry Business Park, Herald Avenue, Coventry CV5 6UB
If you are able to ride to the HQ we would encourage it to keep the cars to a minimum.
TELL US IF YOU CAN’T MAKE IT
We have a number of people on a waiting list, if you are not planning on riding please let us know and they can get a place. This will help us raise more money for Zoe’s Place too.
Please just email
We will be running a prize draw on the day. We have sourced some amazing prizes. Entry will be £5
- 2 x Entry’s to Velo Birmingham & Midlands
- 1 x Pair of tickets to Wasps Rugby Club
- 1 x Signed Coventry City football
- 1 x Pair of tickets to Coventry City football
- 1 x Pair of tickets to Coventry Rugby Club
- 1 x Three course meal for two at Bella Italia
- 1 x Pair of Schwalbe Durano tyres
- 2 x Muc-Off shower set
- 1 x Cycling Commuter Backpack
- 6 x Bottles of wine
Starley Sportive Kit
We also will have some beautiful Starley Sportive caps, buffs and a few Jackets available to purchase on the day.
Remember to bring some money as all profit from the event is going Zoe’s Place & you wouldn’t want to miss out.
- Enough food and water to keep you going for your route; There is a food and water stop on the long and epic routes. This is at Temple Grafton village hall and will be open from 10:30am until 1:00pm. Thank you to JLN Plumbing for staffing this for us.
- Waterproof light-weight jacket in case the weather changes.
- Due to the time of year the weather can be cold and wet please dress for the conditions.
- 2 x inner tubes, tyre levers and a mini pump.
- Mobile phone; pre-programmed with HQ number 07585339956
- We have a mobile mechanic if riders have a major technical issue. This is NOT a quick fix breakdown number, riders are still expected to be self supporting. You can call Lewis from Bike Fixers on 07891137115 (Save in your phone) if you are in need of specialist help.
- Money; including Coins in case you need to use a telephone box.
- Basic tool kit including chain tool.
- The road conditions can be slippy with mud and potential fallen branches etc, make sure you ride to the conditions.
- If you use a Garmin then don?t forget it, upload the route!!!
The responsibility is on the rider to be physically capable of completing the distance of the ride you have chosen. If you are not confident then you can change in advance or at registration on the day.
Features at the HQ
- CV Life – You will be able to take on a 1 minute challenge on a spin bike, The man and woman with the furthest distance recorded on the day will win a 1 month membership of CV life leisure facilities. Every person having a go will get a 1 day gym pass.
- Bike Register – Coventry Police will be attending to provide cycle security advice and offer security marking and registration onto BikeRegister’s online database.
- Entertainment – City Of Coventry Male Voice Choir, Matt Cattell and Bianco Barbershop Quartet
- Refreshments – We will have a Gin,Prosecco and Ale Tuk Tuk bar ( Paid feature), We will also have plenty of Tea/Coffee and Cake available at the finish for you.
Please remember this is not a race any timings that will be published after the event will be in random order, it is just for your own information and the main thing is that everyone has a fun, safe ride whist raising money for an amazing Charity.
We hope you all enjoy the day.
*All under 18s must have signed parental consent for the event they are attending. All riders 12 or under MUST have a parent or guardian accompanying them, as well as signed parental consent.